Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Unit 13: Data Visualization



To think about the future direction of digital history you need to think about where we have come from.  Over the past twenty years things with technology have changed significantly.  I think it is hard for individuals to even fathom where we will be in five, ten or twenty years when it comes to information online.  I do think we will see an increase of online data and that we are still in the building part. I believe there is still a lot of history that needs to be digitized, but eventually we will come to some sort of capacity.  How many sites do we really need on WWI battles, how many resources do we need on the revolutionary war?  

I see sometime though where information starts to get organized or categorized better.  And when then starts I believe the data will begin to level out.   This process though will be awhile away.

No update on my project at this time.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I'd like to see more and more information available on line about historical events like World War I. Seems to me that after an initial flurry of materials appearing online, over time, stuff has begun to disappear.

    ReplyDelete