Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Unit 9: Project Proposal



When first presented with the idea of creating a digital history project thoughts of this grand website, and interactive site came into mind, with information that high school students could use and work with.  An exciting website that would be great.  This website would span the most present years 2000 to the present, this is the time frame that most high school teachers do not get to spend a lot of time on since they are usually so pressed for time preparing for the end of the year test.  In my years of teaching this area is only briefly touched upon and is usually covered in a PowerPoint or in a project based assignment.  Then I came to the part in the class notes where you said, have fun with this, make it something enjoyable and this grand website no longer seemed fun or enjoyable.  What would make this more enjoyable is to make it more of a personal touch.  So I decided instead of a lecture base, I would do a personal history/ archive. 
My thought is to use weebly and break my life into 5 year blocks.  I would like to look at finding in cultural, economic and political factors for each of these time frame.  I am hoping to include, pictures, videos, and possible some speeches.  I believe I will use the library of congress website a lot along with newspaper sites. 
I hope the site will help me to look back at the most recent years, and at what shaped the thoughts, and lives of the students I would be teaching in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment